Black Eyed Susans is a beach casual BYOB in Harvey Cedars opened in June 2010 by chef partners Ashley Pellagrino, Christopher Sanchez, and Tim Bellew. It has quickly become one of Long Beach Island's most respected dinner destinations, in addition to offering first-class catering for events at your location.
Our food is both highly creative and very approachable. We create menus based on seasonally available ingredients, much of which are sourced from local farms, distributors, and fishermen. We believe that the best food is grown locally and with respect for the environment, so we've spent the past four years building relationships with farmers and fishermen who fit the bill! We use many organic ingredients, sustainably caught fish and seafood, and pasture raised meats.
The food at the celebrated Long Beach Island restaurant is hard to classify, except to say it relies heavily on local produce and fish, and the strong vision of its Chefs. Layering bold flavors with powerful simplicity.
Here's a list of local farms, fishers and suppliers that we use:
- Blooming Glen Farm - Perkasie, PA
- Muth Family Farm - Williamstown, NJ
- Blue Moon Acres, - Buckingham, PA
- Norwich Meadows - Lebanon, NJ
- Bobs Buzzy Bees - Yardville, NJ
- Davidsons Exotic Mushrooms - Kennett Square, PA
- Shady Brook Farm - Newtown, PA
- Edible Gardens - Belvidere, NJ
- Flaim Farm - Vineland, NJ
- Terhune Orchards - Lawrrenceville, NJ
- Marolda Farms - Vineland, NJ
- Kerrs Korn Stand - Pennington, NJ
- Phillips Farm - Milford, NJ
- Jahs Creation Organic Farm - Egg Harbor Twp, NJ
- The Bent Spoon - Princeton, NJ
- Viking Village - Barnegat Light, NJ
- Sallys Seafood - Waretown, NJ
- Forty North Oysters - Long Beach Island, NJ